Farm Insurance

Farm operations deserve special protection. After all, your farm is both your home and livelihood!

Farm insurance is able to provide coverage for Farm Personal Property such as Farm Produce and Supplies, Mobile Machinery, and Livestock. Two types of coverage are available. Scheduled (items are described in the policy) and Unscheduled or Blanket (items are not described and are insured by a single amount of insurance).


A Farmowners Policy will provide coverage on your…

  • Farm Barns
  • Buildings
  • Structures
  • Additional Farm Dwellings
  • Silos
  • Garages
  • Implement Sheds
  • Household Contents In Additional Dwellings

Some optional coverages normally associated with a Farmowners policy are:

  • Added Animal Perils (accidental shooting, drowning, attack by dog or wild animal, collapse of building)
  • Farm Machinery Glass
  • Blizzard Coverage – Livestock
  • Farm Personal Property – Peak Season Inventories
  • Weight of Ice, Snow or Sleet
  • Broad Form Perils on Farm Produce and Supplies
  • Special Form Perils on Mobile Farm Machinery
  • Borrowed, Rented or Leased Farm Machinery, Vehicles and Equipment of Others
  • Replacement Cost – Scheduled Machinery
  • Suffocation of Livestock
  • Accidental Death of Livestock
  • Computer Coverage

Losses to Farm Personal Property insured by the Scheduled Form or the Unscheduled (Blanket) Form are covered for the perils listed below:

  • Fire or Lightning
  • Windstorm or Hail
  • Riot or Civil Commotion
  • Explosion
  • Aircraft
  • Vehicles
  • Vandalism & Malicious Mischief
  • Smoke
  • Collision
  • Theft
  • Electrocution of Livestock
  • Loading and Unloading of Livestock

Contact The Andrew Agency

The Andrew Agency represents several insurance companies and will sit down with you to review options, coverage limits and rates to determine the best insurance company for your Farm. If you live in Virginia or Maryland contact The Andrew Agency today at (804) 320-2886.